Radiation risk appraisal for detrimental effects from medical exposure during management of patients with lymphoma or brain tumour
SINFONIA project will develop novel methodologies and tools that will provide a comprehensive risk appraisal for detrimental effects of radiation exposure on patients, workers, carers and comforters, the public and the environment during the management of patients suspected or diagnosed with lymphoma and brain tumours.Sinfonia
ABOUT THE PROJECT
SINFONIA will develop novel tools and methodologies that will be demonstrated on two suitable clinical examples, lymphoma and brain benign and malignant tumours.
The methodological framework can be applied to extend the developed tools or create new tools to estimate dose and risks from different imaging and therapeutic procedures related to the management of diseases.
SINFONIA ’s key objectives are to:
- Develop dose estimation tools based on personalised dosimetry methods, advanced computational tools, powered by artificial intelligence (AI)
- Perform research on individual sensitivity to radiation and susceptibility to Second Malignant Neoplasms for risk appraisal in medicine
- Develop a novel patient radiation risk appraisal tool and estimate uncertainties
- Conduct research to support radiation risk appraisal for staff, comforters, the public and the environment
- Develop and operate a platform for dose, imaging and non-imaging data
- Provide multidisciplinary education and training
We will periodically share news on research developments, publications, presentations and more. For more updates, be sure to follow the project on social media as well.
SINFONIA will run for 4 years and is divided into 7 individual work packages to address the key objectives of the project.
Our multidisciplinary consortium combines the expertise of 14 partners from 8 countries. It includes major universities, research institutes, hospitals and industry partners.
To find out more about our consortium and its scientists, click on the dots on the map and visit the country page.
Find all press publications, media and our scientific publications here.
If you have any additional questions, or would like to receive more in-depth information on SINFONIA, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!